    SubjectRe: [discuss] Re: NUMA support for dual core Opteron

    On Fri, 15 Jul 2005, Andi Kleen wrote:

    > Only on uniprocessor machines.

    Question for the AMD guys: is there a chance of getting
    non-proprietary-bios ACPI tables from AMD directly? I.e. ACPI tables as
    needed for power-now etc. could be released under GPL, making inclusion
    into linuxbios a bit simpler. Right now, the only ACPI table's I've seen
    all bear "IF I COPY THIS PLEASE SUE ME UNDER THE DMCA" notices :-)

    If such tables are available, and I'm just out of touch, I'd be very happy
    to hear that; please send me a URL.

    It makes no sense at all to me that ACPI would be copyright anyone, since
    they merely describe hardware, and even the OS guys might want to copy
    them around from node to node in some cases. But that's the problem right

      Last update: 2005-07-15 16:44    [W:0.018 / U:61.888 seconds]