    SubjectRe: Thread_Id
    > And you certainly shouldn't be using gettid () syscall in NPTL, as it
    > is just an implementation detail that there is a 1:1 mapping between
    > NPTL threads and kernel threads. It can change at any time.

    Maybe I missed the point, but I thought the 1:1 mapping between NPTL
    threads and kernel threads is one of the advantages of NPTL and the idea
    of a userland scheduler is quite dead.

    So please let gettid do what man gettid assures:
    gettid returns the thread ID of the current process. This is equal to
    the process ID (as returned by getpid(2)), unless the process is part
    of a thread group (created by specifying the CLONE_THREAD flag to the
    clone(2) system call). All processes in the same thread group have the
    same PID, but each one has a unique TID.

    Bene

      Last update: 2005-07-14 15:11    [W:0.021 / U:31.764 seconds]