    SubjectRe: Why is less stable on my laptop than 2.6.10?
    On 7/15/05, Chris Friesen <> wrote:
    > Jesper Juhl wrote:
    > > In my oppinion it would be nice if Linus/Andrew had some basic
    > > regression tests they could run on kernels before releasing them.
    > How do you regression test behaviour on broken hardware (and BIOSes)
    > that you don't have?
    That, of course, you cannot do. But, you can regression test a lot of
    other things, and having a default test suite that is constantly being
    added to and always being run before releases (that test hardware
    agnostic stuff) could help cut down on the number of regressions in
    new releases.
    You can't test everything this way, nor should you, but you can test
    many things, and adding a bit of formal testing to the release
    procedure wouldn't be a bad thing IMO.

    Jesper Juhl <>
    Don't top-post
    Plain text mails only, please

      Last update: 2005-07-15 04:13    [W:0.023 / U:6.532 seconds]