    SubjectRE: 2.6.9: serial_core: uart_open
    Date

    AT LAST I HAVE SOME DATA!!!

    The problem is that ALL SYSTEM CALLS to open "/dev/tty" are blocking!! even
    with O_NDELAY set and even from completely disjoint sessions. I discovered
    this via issuing "strace sh". That's why the new xterm windows froze.

    The original process doing the open("/dev/ttyS1", O_RDWR) is listed in the
    ps aux listing as status S+.

    Hope this helps.... karl m

      Last update: 2005-07-15 00:43    [W:0.027 / U:0.700 seconds]