SubjectRe: LKM function call on kernel function call?
You can also look about some methods of "function redirection
hooks"... add some opcodes at the start of the "hooked function"
(something like to add a CALL or JMP pointing to the address of your
function). There are docs about this subject, but unfortunately I
couldn't find anything now (http://www.ouah.org/p59-0x08.txt is not
exactly what I'm talking about, it's talking about ELF redirection).
It's a dirty thing to do, and it's not intended to be done in any
production thing (in fact, it's a *hack*).

On 7/5/05, S <talk2sumit@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to code a loadable module having function1(), which
> would be called, everytime a particular function of the kernel is
> called? If not, atleast a way this could be done without re-compiling
> the whole kernel and rebooting the system?
>
> Example:
>
> My LKM:
> -------------
>
> init_module() {
> }
>
> function1() {
> }
>
> cleanup_module() {
> }
>

> I want function1() to be called, everytime the function
> ide_do_rw_disk() of ide-disk.c is called. I do not want to re-compile
> the complete kernel to do this.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Regards,
> -
> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-c-programming" in

# (perl -e "while (1) { print "\x90"; }") | dd of=/dev/evil