    SubjectRe: [BUG] Fusion MPT Base Driver initialization failure with kdum p
    On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 04:05:03PM +0530, Bharata B Rao wrote:
    > On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 12:15 -0600, Moore, Eric Dean wrote:
    > > I've seen the report. I need more info from Bharata on how
    > > to reproduce. Perhaps you can send me email offline which
    > > provides specific instructions to how to configure kdump,
    > > how to capture the dump, and what you did to crash your system.
    > This is how I could reproduce this bug:
    > (
    > - Configure the 1st kernel to take a kdump and run 4 instances of LTP on
    > it (I used `runltp -p -l logfile -t 12h -x 4)
    > - After a few hours, the 1st kernel crashes which results in the booting
    > of the 2nd kernel (the kernel which captures kdump). While this is
    > booting, mptbase driver fails during initialization leading to the panic
    > of the 2nd kernel.

    I had also faced this problem and I had simply used Alt-Sysrq-c to force
    kexec on panic. As mentioned in the report below the problem goes away
    if mpt driver is compiled with MPT_DEBUG_IRQ support.

    In kdump environment, device might not be in a reset state while driver is
    initializing in second kernel. Hence we probably need two things from the
    driver to be able to successfully initialize over kdump.

    - Reset the underlying device before enabling the interrupts.
    - In interrupt handler, make sure the interrupt belongs to the driver
    before processing it further. (Shared interrupt lines)

      Last update: 2005-07-13 13:16    [W:0.021 / U:7.796 seconds]