    SubjectRe: dies after 24 hours

    > There is a much less complex solution that I've just recently gotten
    > working
    > in the SUSE kernel. If reiser3/ext3 don't log the inode during atime
    > updates, the problem goes away.
    > You can solve this now by mounting with -o noatime (although that might
    > not
    > play well with cyrus, not sure). My current patch works around this in
    > ugly
    > ways, what I plan on doing during OLS is finding out why ext3 is still
    > logging the inode all the time.

    Well we have always mounted our cyrus filesystems with:

    And the problem was occuring all the time with these mount options. We've
    since also added on your suggestion nolargeio=1 and used the patch Vladimir
    created. I'm not sure which of those fixed the problem, but it definitely
    has not occured since we did those last 2 things.

    Are you saying that if you mount with noatime *and* use your new patch it
    will fix the problem?

    What about the 2 threads linked to. Did those end up getting anywhere?

      Last update: 2005-07-13 02:56    [W:0.020 / U:2.848 seconds]