SubjectRe: reiser4 vs politics: linux misses out again
Date
Jim Crilly wrote:

> But in most of the changesets on the bkbits site you can go back over 2
> years and not see anything from namesys people. Nearly all of the fixes
> commited in the past 2-3 years are from SuSe.

So, for the sake of argument, if IBM were to drop official support for JFS,
we'd yank JFS out of the kernel even if there was someone else willing to
support it? Why does it now *matter* who supports it, as long as its being
maintained? And will we now block IBM's hypothetical JFS2 from the kernel
if IBM, from the programmers up to the CEO, doesn't swear on their momma's
grave that they'll continue to support JFS1, even if JFS1 is being
supported by others? Jeez, this is why it doesn't take a kernel dev to see
the problems here, common sense seems to be an increasingly rare ingredient
in these arguments against R4. If I didn't know better, I'd think you were
making this stuff up as you went along....

  Last update: 2005-07-11 02:09    [W:0.069 / U:0.380 seconds]