    SubjectRe: reiser4 vs politics: linux misses out again
    On Fri, 1 Jul 2005, Luigi Genoni wrote:

    > maybe I don't understand the point.
    > where the problem is?

    Apple's major claim-to-fame was that it represents an
    "awesome, all-American computer", created by California
    liberal entrepreneurs like Steve Wosniak and Steve Jobs.
    Now, all engineering for the new platform will be done
    in India.

    It would be a major marketing slap for Jobs if the
    new design was done in Indiana (USA), now it's going
    to be done in India.

    >>> What are the Indians going to provide that they didn't before Apple
    >>> went the Intel route? I never knew we manufactured Apple hardware.
    >>> Perhaps you wanted to say Chinese? Just curious...
    >>>

    >>> Parag
    >>>

    >> Intel is moving everything (except sales and administration) to
    >> India according to recent reports in EETimes.
    >>

    >> Cheers,
    >> Dick Johnson
    >> Penguin : Linux version 2.6.12 on an i686 machine (5537.79 BogoMips).
    >> Notice : All mail here is now cached for review by Dictator Bush.
    >> 98.36% of all statistics are fiction.
    >> -
    >> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
    >> the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at
    >> http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
    >> Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/

    Cheers,
    Dick Johnson
    Penguin : Linux version 2.6.12 on an i686 machine (5537.79 BogoMips).
    98.36% of all statistics are fiction.

      Last update: 2005-07-01 14:21    [W:0.024 / U:29.764 seconds]