    SubjectRe: FUSE merging?
    > >  - I don't recall seeing an exhaustive investigation of how an
    > > unprivileged user could use a FUSE mount to implement DoS attacks against
    > > other users or against root.
    >
    > You say
    >
    > "If a sysadmin trusts the users enough, or can ensure through other
    > measures, that system processes will never enter non-privileged mounts,
    > it can relax the last limitation with a "user_allow_other" config
    > option. If this config option is set, the mounting user can add the
    > "allow_other" mount option which disables the check for other users'
    > processes."
    >
    > What config option, where?

    Currently that's a userspace issue. There's a /etc/fuse.conf file,
    with two options:

    max_mounts=X
    user_allow_other

    The fusermount helper reads this file, and decides if passing the
    'allow_other' mount option to the kernel is OK or not.

    If we want unprivileged sys_mount() these will have to be checked in
    kernel (set via sysfs, etc).

    Miklos

      Last update: 2005-07-01 08:43    [W:0.058 / U:59.868 seconds]