SubjectRe: kaweth fails to work on 2.6.12-rc[56]
Oliver Neukum wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 8. Juni 2005 05:11 schrieb Wakko Warner:
> > Wakko Warner wrote:
> > > Seems that it is unable to send packets however I can see packets coming in.
> > > I downgraded to 2.6.12-rc2 which works.
> > >
> > > I have not tested rc3 or rc4 yet. ?I am preparing to try rc4.
> >
> > Just finished testing.
> > rc2 works
> > rc3 works (fails on aic7xxx with my scsi hardware but rc5 works with my
> > ????????scsi hardware)
> > rc4 through rc6 do not work.
>
> Hi,
>
> have you tried recompiling with debug enabled?
> It does show the status codes in the interrupt handler.

I have not. My keyboard and mouse (on a hub) are plugged in beside the
kaweth device so they would be on the same interrupt.

I did notice that the kaweth file itself hasn't changed, but something is
different between rc3 and rc4.

Someone else asked what host controllers. I tried it on 2 systems. The
device itself is USB1. One machine running rc5 used Intel 440bx chipset.
I'm not sure what controller it has but I was using the onboard USB which
uses uhci. I don't have that machine anymore, it was temporary. I'm
currently using this on an Intel E7505 chipset which uses both ehci and uhci
(loaded in that order)

I used the same configfile from rc2 when I compiled rc3 and rc4 (doing make
old config of course). I'll see about testing this later on. I don't have
time this morning to look at this.