    SubjectRe: Linux v2.6.12-rc6

    On Mon, 6 Jun 2005, Pavel Machek wrote:

    > Linus, perhaps your scripts are doing something wrong? They should
    > have taken From in the description; or did I provide wrong changelog?

    My scripts definitely do the expected thing.

    In git, the author is always in the fixed header, and you never look for
    it anywhere else. However, in order for the author to _get_ there in the
    first place, the person who commits the thing needs to haev the author
    info.

    In this case it was me, and I get the author information from the email
    when I commit an emailed patch. I take it from the first line of the body
    if that one is a valid "From:" line, and otherwise I fall back to taking
    it from the headers of the email.

    So in this case you got tagged, either because the patch came through
    Andrew (it has his sign-off) and _he_ sent the email but incorrectly had
    you as the "From:" person, or alternatively because you sent the email and
    took Andrew's sign-off but didn't put the "From:" in the right spot.

    Linus

      Last update: 2009-11-18 23:46    [W:0.029 / U:147.576 seconds]