SubjectRE: [patch 2.6.12-rc3] dell_rbu: Resubmitting patch for new DellBIOS update driver
> Ok, in re-reading the firmware code, you are correct, it will still
> timeout in 10 seconds and call your callback.
>
> Which, in my opinion, is wrong. We should have some way to say "wait
> forever". Care to change the firmware_class.c code to support this?
Will give it a try. So far the request_firmware code calls
kobject_hotplug with action as KOBJ_ADD. It invokes a hotplug script
form user mode. I guess we need to have some reverse mechanism which is
invoked when a user writes to the file.

> I was assuming that this would wait forever, and is why I pointed you
in
> this direction. Sorry about the confusion here.

I guess the earlier method of request_firmware would work out as is with
the only disadvantage of the user having to depend on hotplug mechanism
and echoing firmware name.
Let me know if that is acceptable till we find a solution to wait for
ever without using hotplug stuff.

Thanks
Abhay

  Last update: 2005-06-06 22:13    [W:0.024 / U:0.604 seconds]