    SubjectRe: 2.6.12?
    Wakko Warner <wakko@animx.eu.org> wrote:

    > Andrew Morton wrote:
    > > Subject: Double free of initramfs
    >
    > Is there a patch to fix this? I've noticed a solid lockup when trying to
    > umount initramfs after a pivot_root.

    Nope, but there's a design:

    Begin forwarded message:

    Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 18:49:32 +0000
    From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
    To: linux-arch@vger
    Subject: Double free of initramfs

    In all linker scripts we currently have something like this:

    __init_begin = .;
    . = ALIGN(4096);
    __initramfs_start = .;
    .init.ramfs : { *(.init.ramfs) }
    __initramfs_end = .;
    __init_end = .;

    It seems all 25 linker scripts in the current bk tree are suffering from
    this. Which mean with CONFIG_BLK_DEV_INITRD enabled first free_initrd_mem
    may be called to free the initram disk and just a little later
    free_initmem will try to free the entire range again, so either the
    linker scripts would need fixing or free_initrd_mem has become obsolete.

    Ralf

      Last update: 2005-06-04 02:55    [W:0.024 / U:31.084 seconds]