    SubjectRe: A new soldier
    Date
    On Dinsdag 28 Juni 2005 16:23, Rodrigo Nascimento wrote:
    > I'm a Science of Computers student and I'd like help you in something.
    > I don't know if exists something that I could do. So if someone wants
    > a help, I'm a volunteer.

    The best place to start would probably be the kernel janitors project.

    If you are looking for something bigger with a steep learning curve,
    you could try to do a sample architecture implementation like
    arch/skeleton and include/asm-skeleton, along the lines of the
    original include/asm-generic directory (asm-generic now serves
    as a place to put code that is the same on most archs but is different
    on others).

    Most new architectures that are added keep copying hacks and obsolete
    code from one of the existing trees, so it would be really nice to
    have a clean starting point for those who don't have as much time to
    find the correct solution as a CS student ;-).

    You would surely learn a lot about the architecture specific parts
    of the kernel and do something useful without the danger of breaking
    code that other people depend on, but it's a lot of work.
    Maybe that can also be done by more that one person.

    Arnd <><

      Last update: 2005-06-29 02:45    [W:0.019 / U:0.188 seconds]