    SubjectRe: [patch 2] mm: speculative get_page
    Nick Piggin wrote:

    > #define PG_free 20 /* Page is on the free lists */
    > +#define PG_freeing 21 /* PG_refcount about to be freed */

    Wow this needs two new page bits. That might be a problem ongoing.
    There are only 24 of these puppies and this takes us to just two
    remaining. Do we really need _two_ to track free?

    One obvious area of overlap might be the PG_nosave_free which seems to
    be set on free pages for software suspend. Perhaps that and PG_free
    will be equivalent in intent (though maintained differently) and allow
    us to recover a bit?

    There are a couple of bits which imply ownership such as PG_slab,
    PG_swapcache and PG_reserved which to my mind are all exclusive.
    Perhaps those plus the PG_free could be combined into a owner field. I
    am unsure if the PG_freeing can be 'backed out' if not it may also combine?

    Mumble ...

    -apw

      Last update: 2005-06-28 14:50    [W:0.035 / U:29.084 seconds]