    SubjectRe: reiser4 plugins
    On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 00:57:54 CDT, David Masover said:

    > In one of three possible settings for the imaginary zipfile plugin, yes.
    > But if we're talking about a kernel source tree, how many of us
    > actually build zipfiles/tarballs of their kernel source trees, rather
    > than unpack existing ones?

    I dunno. I'll often build a tarball of "-mm plus local patches" known to
    be working at the moment, precisely so I can just untar that as a known good
    base for the next kernel-hackfest, rather than untar Linus's tree, apply all
    of the -mm patch, then all my local patches again...

    And even if I'm not *that* ambitious, I'll at least tar up a clean -mm tree
    to use as a base. :)

    And even if I didn't do that, you *do* have to do something when the disk
    gets backed up. You *do* intend for sensible things to happen then, right? ;)

      Last update: 2005-06-27 08:24    [W:0.023 / U:5.512 seconds]