    SubjectRe: reiser4 plugins
    On Monday 27 June 2005 13:42, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
    > On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 01:30:06PM +0400, Alexander Zarochentsev wrote:
    > > -- procfs has seq_file and sysconfig interfaces below the VFS and l-k
    > > people do not complain each day about layering violation ;-) Procfs is
    > > taken as an example because it deals with objects of different types,
    > > actually anybody may create own procfs objects more or less general way.
    > seq_file actually works at the file_operations level, that's exactly
    > what I'm telling you to do. The old sub-callbacks are on their way out.

    not exactly. I meant that seq_file has its own VFS-like thing struct

    So I may assume that having own objects and their operations is allowed. The
    complains are about adding unnecessary level of indirection in the trivial
    reiser4 wrappers as reiser4_write().

    > > I don't belive that you want to see all reiser4-specific things as item
    > > plugins, disk format plugins in the VFS.
    > If you'd read the previous discussions you'd see that no one complained
    > about disk format plugins.

      Last update: 2005-06-27 13:33    [W:0.041 / U:133.084 seconds]