SubjectRe: [ltp] IBM HDAPS Someone interested? (Accelerometer)
On Sat, Jun 25, 2005 at 07:17:33AM +0100, Paul Sladen wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Jun 2005, Lee Revell wrote:
> > Yup, it's just doing port IO. Get a kernel debugger for windows like
> > softice and this will be trivial to RE.
> > READ_PORT_USHORT / WRITE_PORT_UCHAR / READ_PORT_UCHAR
>
> There are 3 ports involved. The 0xed "non-existant delay port" and a pair
> of ports that are through the Super-I/O / IDE. They are used in a
> index+value setup similar to reading/writing the AT keyboard controller.
>
> >From what I remember, my conclusion was that these instructions were the
> ones to park the heads and then lock the IDE bus. It's a couple of months
> ago, but somewhere I have the simplified version of what it was doing...

It'd rather surprise me, since parking is usually achieved through
sending a IDE command to the drive, which involves a rather different
set of ports.

The ports you mention could possibly set the IDE channel to a 'reset'
condition, although I doubt that, too.

--
Vojtech Pavlik
SuSE Labs, SuSE CR