    Subject[RFC] bind and unbind drivers from userspace through sysfs
    Now that we have the internal infrastructure of the driver model
    reworked so the locks aren't so global and imposing, it's possible to
    bind and unbind drivers from devices from userspace with only a very
    tiny ammount of code.

    adds unbind functionality. I've added these to my trees and should show
    up in the next -mm releases. Comments appreciated.

    Oh, and yes, we still need a way to add new device ids to drivers from
    sysfs, like PCI currently has. I'll be working on that next.

    Even so, with these two patches, people should be able to do things that
    they have been wanting to do for a while (like take over the what driver
    to what device logic in userspace, as I know some distro installers
    really want to do.)

    thanks,

    greg k-h

      Last update: 2005-06-24 07:21    [W:0.023 / U:0.052 seconds]