    SubjectRe: reiser4 plugins
    Alan Cox wrote:

    > SMP scaling.

    Reiser4 should do much better at this, as it was designed for it. I
    wish we had a nice hunking multiprocessor to verify that and work
    through the inevitable unintended sources of bottlenecks though.

    >>You know how many I've had thrashed on Reiser4? Two. The first one was
    >>with a VERY early alpha/beta, and the second one was when I dropped a
    >>laptop and the disk failed.
    >>

    >Entirely or bad blocks ? The latter should have a minimal cost on a well
    >designed fs.
    >

    >>Duplication of effort. With plugins, we can optimize the upper layers
    >>of ALL filesystems, regardless of the lower layers, in such a way that
    >>

    >In which case the features belong in the VFS as all those with
    >experience and kernel contributions have been arguing.

    So you fundamentally reject the prototype it in one fs and then abstract
    it to others development model?

      Last update: 2005-06-24 03:16    [W:0.023 / U:60.752 seconds]