    SubjectRe: reiser4 plugins
    On Iau, 2005-06-23 at 06:58, Hans Reiser wrote:
    > Jeff Garzik wrote:
    > > We have to maintain said ugly code for decades.
    > No you don't, I do.

    Really. I must be mis-remembering some of the comments made about
    reiserfs 3 during the 2.5 to 2.6 period.

    > I am entitled to get some advantage from being the first on the block

    You were not first on the block. Linus was, thats why it's Linux (well
    not directly his fault about the name) and why he sets policy. I've
    never heard Linus espousing such an idea so I wonder why you think that
    way. Rather I've heard Linus tell groups of people with differing ideas
    about interfaces to go figure it out first and build the right interface
    then come back with a consensus (for example with SELinux)

    > It is odd how Hellwig no longer describes himself as XFS associated

    Why would that be "odd". What are you trying to imply and why not just
    say it if you actually have something to say.

      Last update: 2005-06-24 00:03    [W:0.444 / U:2.240 seconds]