    SubjectRe: Script to help users to report a BUG
    On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 22:32:16 +0200 Paolo Ciarrocchi wrote:

    | Hi all,
    | what do you think about this simple idea of a script that could help
    | users to fill better BUG reports ?
    | The usage is quite simple, put the attached file in
    | /usr/src/linux/scripts and then:
    | [root@frodo scripts]# ./ /tmp/BUGREPORT/
    | cat: /proc/scsi/scsi: No such file or directory
    | [root@frodo scripts]# ls /tmp/BUGREPORT/
    | cpuinfo.bug ioports.bug modules.bug software.bug
    | iomem.bug lspci.bug scsi.bug version.bug
    | Now you can simply attach all the .bug files to the bugzilla report or
    | inline them in a email.
    | The script is rude but it is enough to give you an idea of what I have in mind.
    | Any comment ?

    It can be useful. We certainly see bug reports with a good bit
    of missing information.

    I would rather see the script write all /proc etc. contents to just
    one file (with some headings prior to each file). One file would be
    easier to email inline or to attach...

      Last update: 2005-06-22 21:15    [W:0.020 / U:0.044 seconds]