    SubjectRe: OT] Joerg Schilling flames Linux on his Blog
    Joerg Schilling napisał(a):

    > The natural way to access SCSI is the method I use, ASPI uses and FreeBSD
    > uses..... If Linux likes to implement things differntly, they are free
    > to do so but the Linux authors need to learn that I don't like to spend my
    > time on somethign that might be useless next week.

    This will be my next 2 cents.

    The *natural* way to access any device is its device file in the /dev/

    I've "straced" cdrecrod few times when it coundn't do scnabus properly.
    What I have discovered is that cdrecord *just* tries to open several
    devices that *might* be recorders. There is no need to use USB for this
    to fail. For example if I had /dev/hda HDD and /dev/hdc CDR (no one
    attaches both on one channel) cdrecord stopped as it faild to open hdb
    while ther was no such file. Do I have to create device file if I ve got
    no device?

    The only thing we all ask is to make it possible to choose manually the
    device node cdrecord is trying to detect. That is a 'mechanism not
    polisy' thing. Let the other software insure the stabilit of naming.

    Best regards.
    Było mi bardzo miło. Trzecia pospolita klęska, [...]
    >Łukasz< Już nie katolicka lecz złodziejska. (c)PP

      Last update: 2005-06-02 12:37    [W:0.022 / U:3.592 seconds]