SubjectRe: Avoiding external fragmentation with a placement policy Version 12
> Could someone point me at the "Page migration defrag" patch, or
> describe what this is. Does this depend on the page migration
> patches from memory hotplug to move pages or is it something
> different?

I don't think anybody has actually written such a patch yet (correct me
if I'm wrong). When somebody does it will certainly depend on the page
migration patches. As far as describing what it is, the concept is
pretty simple. Migrate in use pieces of memory around to make lots of
smaller unallocated memory into fewer larger unallocated memory.

  Last update: 2005-06-02 23:11    [W:0.316 / U:0.876 seconds]