    SubjectRe: 2.6.12 udev hangs at boot
    On Saturday 18 June 2005 17:53, Jeff Garzik wrote:
    > Nick Warne wrote:
    > > New 2.6.12 build hangs at initialising udev dynamic device directory on
    > > boot.
    > Did you try simply waiting a while?
    > udev took a long time to initialize (30-40 seconds) for me, then
    > everything worked and the machine booted just fine.
    > I've seen this on both new and old udev. Some patience will fix things :)

    Yes, I waited a while first time. No drive activity, no nothing. Keyboard
    was still awake though, so it wasn't a 'crash' as such. The boot just stopped
    there twiddling it's thumbs...

    Installing the latest udev though makes the machine boot so fast I can't see
    the 'initialising udev devices' message unless I scroll back to see in
    console. I thought at first I broke it, and udev wasn't working at all now
    and was being ignored, but it is working just fine :-)

    But remember, what got me was it boots fine on, insomuch I never
    really saw the udev message away and never had to investigate it before.

    "When you're chewing on life's gristle,
    Don't grumble, Give a whistle..."

      Last update: 2005-06-18 19:10    [W:0.020 / U:29.188 seconds]