SubjectRe: PROBLEM: Devices behind PCI Express-to-PCI bridge not mapped
Roland Dreier wrote:
> Peter> This is a custom motherboard that we've developed in house :-(
>
> Actually this might be good news -- you have a chance at fixing your
> BIOS to set up the PCI buses sanely, which will probably help Linux out.

basically this works under windows (not a good answer i know...)

my impression from talking to the bios guys it is okay for them not to
configure the non-primary video adapter (read they won't do it).

we do something similar for IB. the IB attached to the master nforce4 is
configured by the bios and the other 3 are not. Each of these IB devices
are configured by Linux correctly.

Similarly when the ATI is the primary graphics adapter it is sanely
configured and the other GPUs are not.

peter

  Last update: 2005-06-16 23:25    [W:1.019 / U:0.528 seconds]