SubjectRe: Design Level Documentation for the Linux kernel (V2.6)
Parag Warudkar wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 June 2005 20:34, Nick Newcomb wrote:
>
>>http://www.softwarerevolution.com/jeneral/open-source-docs.html
>>
>>Any questions or comments anyone might have are more than welcome. Thanks
>>for your time and we hope you'll find our services useful.
>>
>>~ Nick w/ TSRI
>
>>From the site : Documentation is best viewed with the most recent versions of
> Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox (w/ plugin).
>
> Well, both options require the use of Windows

There's an Adobe SVG plugin that works on Linux (at least on FC3).

<http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/magic/svgviewer/linux/3.x/3.01x88/en/adobesvg-3.01x88-linux-i386.tar.gz>

This works fine with a test SVG link at Adobe but after installing it
Firefox only displays the above link as source :-(

Before I installed the plug in Firefox displayed the above link OK but
couldn't display the SVG stuff. :-(

> - most guys around here aren't
> going to be able to view it. (I would really like to view the docs but
> couldn't - Firefox displayed plain text and Konqueror displayed the page
> properly but there were no links on the page as displayed by Konqueror.)
>
> BTW, both Konqueror and Firefox support SVG (not in their stable versions but
> none the less, bleeding edge versions do give an option to enable SVG
> support.) So it would be helpful to have a version viewable using Linux
> browsers.

Yes, it seems that it needs some work.

Peter
--