    SubjectRe: Race condition in module load causing undefined symbols
    Steve Lord wrote:
    > Andrew Morton wrote:
    >
    >> Stephen Lord <lord@xfs.org> wrote:

    >>> issue.
    >>> > >
    >>> I disabled hyperthreading and things started working, so are there any
    >>> HT related scheduling bugs right now?
    >>

    >> There haven't been any scheduler changes for some time. There have
    >> been a
    >> few low-level SMT changes I think.
    >>
    >> Are you able to identify which kernel version broke it?
    >>

    > Still have not narrowed this down too far, disabling SMT made no
    > difference, disabling SMP did, which I was expecting.
    >
    > Steve

    I initially saw this with 2.6.12-rc1 and every version up through rc3. I
    haven't tried with later versions. :-/ I initially reported here:
    http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=111235814529008&w=2

    The way that I got around it was to compile in my aic7xxx driver instead
    of making it a module. I have also recently received an email from
    someone saying that disabling module unloading would also solve it. That
    very well may be true since I did run into another booting problem
    (2.6.12-rc5) that disabling module unloading fixed :-/ I haven't had a
    chance to go back and check this out though.

    So to summarize: I have a dual 933 with aic7xxx compiled in to get
    passed the problem described above. I have a dual 2.6 w/HT that I have
    disabled module unloading to get passed another boot condition.

    --
    kr