    SubjectRe: Odd IDE performance drop 2.4 vs 2.6?
    Alan Cox wrote:

    >On Llu, 2005-06-13 at 15:06, Nick Piggin wrote:
    >>>Make sure you have pre-empt disabled and the antcipatory I/O scheduler
    >>I don't think that those could explain it.
    >Try it and see. The anticipatory I/O scheduler does horrible things to
    >my IDE streaming performance numbers and to swap performance. It tries
    >to merge I/O by delaying it which is deeply ungood when it comes to IDE
    >streaming even if its good for general I/O.
    Sure it has regression cases here and there, as you would expect.
    But I'm fairly sure this won't be one of them. If there is just a
    single process submitting the IO the anticipatory scheduler should
    completely turn of any delays, and degenerate basically to the
    deadline scheduler.

      Last update: 2005-06-14 04:25    [W:0.020 / U:79.132 seconds]