SubjectRe: Attempted summary of "RT patch acceptance" thread

Nicolas Pitre wrote:
> The best way to do this stuff has already been outlined by Ingo himself,
> and as far as I know he's still the man leading the show.

Touchy we are I see. Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not interested
in stealing anyone's show. I've got my own workload thank you very
much.

> And no one
> objected to his strategy so far.

Objections have been voiced. Go back and read earlier postings.

> There is just no rush. It doesn't have to be integrated ASAP, and
> actually not before a while, and then certainly not in a disturbing way.
> Lots of things have to be cleaned up in the patch, and even in the
> current stock kernel for that matter, and Ingo even agreed to that.

Sorry, but go back and check who's asking for ASAP. Then go back a
few e-mails and read back what I said:
> So one can keep ignoring the reality of the existing clash here,
> but it may just be that backing off a little and thinking about it
> in less absolute integration terms would help.

Certainly you realize that "backing off" and "thinking" have little
to do with any sort of "rush".

> So any discussion about merging of PREEMPT_RT into mainline is simply
> hand waving at this point. Let it evolve and resume this discussion
> when there is actually something being proposed for merging into
> mainline.

So in your opinion, we should all put our brains on idle until someone
posts a patch containing the words "please apply"?

Understand that I've got no inclination to going into a flamewar.
I just made some rearrangement suggestion and all hell broke loose
with people retreating to their defense positions reiterating
POVs that had little to do with what I was suggesting.

You can disagree with what I'm saying, but please read the previous
posts for context and don't put words in my mouth that I haven't said.

Karim
--
Author, Speaker, Developer, Consultant
Pushing Embedded and Real-Time Linux Systems Beyond the Limits