    SubjectRe: PREEMPT_RT vs ADEOS: the numbers, part 1

    * Karim Yaghmour <> wrote:

    > Ingo Molnar wrote:
    > > could you send me the .config you used for the PREEMPT_RT tests? Also,
    > > you used -47-08, which was well prior the current round of performance
    > > improvements, so you might want to re-run with something like -48-06 or
    > > better.
    > Much to our dislike, we only noticed that we forgot to disable the
    > debug options after posting the results :/ So, in all fairness, we
    > will be redoing the tests on PREEMPT_RT early next week. [...]

    yeah, i suspected something like that - the PREEMPT_RT latency numbers
    were so out of whack with anything i've measured on similar boxes. The
    debugging features on PREEMPT_RT are powerful but have a high overhead.

    could you send me your PREEMPT_RT .config? (whichever version you have
    handy) That's the easiest way i can tell you which options to watch out

      Last update: 2005-06-11 16:59    [W:0.019 / U:52.156 seconds]