SubjectRe: [Jfs-discussion] fsck.jfs segfaults on x86_64
On Fri, 2005-06-10 at 10:00 -0400, Alex Deucher wrote:
> We have a large lvm2 logical volume (6.91T) which contains a JFS
> filesystem. The volumes accessed via emulex FC HBAs connected to a
> nexsan SAN. There was a bug in the SAN firmware that caused the
> primary controller to lose sync with the other controller and go down.
> Normally when this happens we are able to reboot the SAN and the
> server and then run fsck on the volume, and everything is fine (on a
> side note, we have updated the SAN firmware to fix the sync problem).
> however, fsck now segfaults and the volume is dirty so it can't be
> mounted. lvdisplay and vgdisplay seem to work fine displaying the
> correct info. Does anyone know what may be causing the problem or how
> we can fix it? If possible I'd like to save the data on the volumes.
>
> #> time fsck.jfs /dev/vg00/lvol0
> fsck.jfs version 1.1.4, 30-Oct-2003

1.1.4 is quite old. Can you try a recent version of jfsutils?
http://jfs.sourceforge.net/project/pub/jfsutils-1.1.8.tar.gz

If that doesn't work, you can try running "fsck.jfs
--omit_journal_replay", since it is trapping while replaying the
journal. If all else fails, you should be able to mount it read-only
(mount -oro) to recover the data.

Thanks,
Shaggy
--