SubjectRe: Attempted summary of "RT patch acceptance" thread
On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 04:38:24PM -0400, Lee Revell wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-06-10 at 08:47 -0700, Paul E. McKenney wrote:
> > > Does the LTP include an RT latency test yet?
> >
> > Not as far as I know. I believe that LTP contains primarily pass-fail
> > rather than performance tests, but regardless of where RT latency
> > tests live, I believe that there needs to be a good home for them.
> Maybe I didn't mean LTP, I'm thinking of whatever that popular benchmark
> suite is that people use to identify performance regressions. OSDL
> something or other?
> The canonical test is "rtc_wakeup", it just sets up a stream of
> interrupts from the RTC, polls on it and measures the delay. Check the
> list archives for the URL.

OK, is the URL, right?

And LTP might well be a good home for it, I honestly don't know.

I am checking to see if this can be added to the set of tests run
in Martin's automated testing. If you haven't looked at this, check

This doesn't cover all the various RT variants of Linux, but might
focus some attention on mainline latency issues.

Thanx, Paul