SubjectRe: Attempted summary of "RT patch acceptance" thread
On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 04:38:24PM -0400, Lee Revell wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-06-10 at 08:47 -0700, Paul E. McKenney wrote:
> > > Does the LTP include an RT latency test yet?
> >
> > Not as far as I know. I believe that LTP contains primarily pass-fail
> > rather than performance tests, but regardless of where RT latency
> > tests live, I believe that there needs to be a good home for them.
>
> Maybe I didn't mean LTP, I'm thinking of whatever that popular benchmark
> suite is that people use to identify performance regressions. OSDL
> something or other?
>
> The canonical test is "rtc_wakeup", it just sets up a stream of
> interrupts from the RTC, polls on it and measures the delay. Check the
> list archives for the URL.

OK, http://affenbande.org/~tapas/rtc_wakeup/ is the URL, right?

And LTP might well be a good home for it, I honestly don't know.

I am checking to see if this can be added to the set of tests run
in Martin's automated testing. If you haven't looked at this, check
out:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/mbligh/abat/regression_matrix.html

This doesn't cover all the various RT variants of Linux, but might
focus some attention on mainline latency issues.

Thanx, Paul

  Last update: 2005-06-11 01:22    [W:0.171 / U:0.484 seconds]