SubjectRe: RT patch acceptance

Paulo Marques wrote:
> This seems like the RTAI kind of nano-kernel approach and has nothing to
> do with the way the RT-PREEMPT patch works, AFAICS.

Please read it again. Nanokernels/hypervisors are not an RTOS. They do
not schedule tasks or povide RT services. They only allow client OSes
to share hardware. IBM has been doing this for over 30 years. As for
RTAI, it is running side-by-side with another OS, it is not running
under Linux in a master-slave relationship.

I know things are polarized in this thread, but please avoid FUD.

Karim
--
Author, Speaker, Developer, Consultant
Pushing Embedded and Real-Time Linux Systems Beyond the Limits