    SubjectBill Gates and the penguim

    William Gates died and went directly to Hell. The devil met him to
    welcome him home. "Hello Bill!" said the devil, "We've been expecting
    you and have prepared a special place. Sorry you tripped on the penguin
    and broke your neck but I'm sure you will find your stay here very

    The devil then gave Mr. Gates a large laboratory with lots of gigahertz
    computers, file-servers, fiber-optic links, and even a disk farm that
    required a 200 amp service to run.

    There were thousands of different kinds of compilers, assemblers, and
    other tools. There was even a super-server running Red-Hat Linux,
    containing all the GNU tools.

    The devil said; "Well Bill, have a good time. I'll be checking with you
    from time-to-time just to see how you are doing!"

    In about a week the devil stopped by Bill's lab to see how he was
    doing. He said; "Everything is fine. I never had such good equipment
    when I was on earth. I'm even planning to join the Linux-kernel list."

    Another week went by and the devil visited Bill again. "How are you
    doing?" the devil asked.

    "Fine.", said Bill, "I have a question, though...."

    "Yes?" said the devil.

    Bill replied; "I can ping the vger server, I can even `traceroute` to
    my old Microsoft site. Everything seems to work, but I can't make any
    connections! Every time I attempt to connect, I get an error --
    connection refused --." "What's wrong here?"

    "That", said the devil "is the HELL of it!"

    Dick Johnson
    Penguin : Linux version on an i686 machine (5537.79 BogoMips).
    98.36% of all statistics are fiction.

      Last update: 2005-06-01 15:26    [W:0.023 / U:188.704 seconds]