    SubjectRe: [OT] mailing list management
    Lukasz Stelmach <> writes:

    > Paul Jakma wrote:
    >> The person you are replying to can/may:
    >> - /want/ the direct copy (this is the case for quite a few people on
    >> this list)
    > I prefere, and I do it, explicit asking for a CC.
    >> - filter incoming mail to supress duplicates
    > It is a lot easier to find personal mails than to suppress dupes.
    > In the former case you can look at References or IRT fields and in the
    > later you have to *keep* a list of Message-IDs and search it everytime
    > you receive a letter.

    My mail server (cyrus imapd) automatically suppresses duplicates with
    the default settings. I suppose other mail servers also have this

    > And direct replying generates more traffic.

    Not necessarily. Many mailing lists are configured not to send mail
    to those already in the To or Cc headers.

    Måns Rullgård

      Last update: 2005-06-01 15:15    [W:0.050 / U:42.824 seconds]