SubjectRe: Empty partition nodes not created (was device node issues with recent mm's and udev)
On Fri, 2005-05-06 at 09:12 -0500, James Bottomley wrote:
> Well, moving offtopic, but it is of relevance to people who use git.
> The answer is that the information exists (we can use the commit tree
> to reconstruct the file data) but that no-one has yet come up with a
> file history viewing tool. I think David Woodhouse is the closest to
> producing one of these, David?

I posted a script which produces output along the lines of rev-tree's,
but which lists only commits relevant to a given file. However it lacked
correct information about the _branchpoint_ when branches were taken.
You could track the merges but not the full graph.

To do it properly would involve a modified version of rev-tree which
marks the 'interesting' commits and then prunes the uninteresting parts
before dumping what's left. I haven't got as far as _implementing_ that
yet.

--
dwmw2