SubjectRe: Empty partition nodes not created (was device node issues with recent mm's and udev)
On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 01:10:09AM -0700, Chris Wright wrote:
> * Andries Brouwer (aebr@win.tue.nl) wrote:
> > No, there is no problem but an intentional change in behaviour in -mm
> > and now also in 2.6.11.8.
>
> I think this should be backed out of -stable.

I was surprised to find it in, after I had written

============
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 21:58:07 +0200

For the time being, although I do not object to the patch,
obviously, since it is my own, I cannot see any reason to
add it to the "fixed" release.
============

but maybe including it was done by mistake?
It wasn't mentioned, I think, in the changelog.

There was a report that it fixed an oops,
but the report is unconfirmed and ununderstood.

Should it be backed out of 2.6.11.8? Possibly - but if it will be
part of 2.6.12 or 2.6.13 then I would be inclined to leave it.

Andrew asks whether it should be removed from -mm.
Will first read all my mail and then reply to that letter.
Maybe you should coordinate with Andrew and take the same decision.

Andries

  Last update: 2005-05-06 10:46    [W:0.068 / U:0.220 seconds]