SubjectRe: Real Time Signals In Powerpc Linux

See linux/include/asm-xxx/signal.h in your kernel tree, where xxx is the
specific arch you are interested in.

You will see definitions for a series of _NSIG macros. These define the
number of available signals and the byte size of the signal mask data
type. The stuff at the bottom is educational as well. You can then
follow those defines into other header files as needed.

Happy hacking,

J. Scott Kasten
Email: jscottkasten AT yahoo DOT com

On Thu, 5 May 2005, Deepak wrote:

> I am working on a linux (v 2.4.20) based powerpc(8260) board. During
> development of an application program I planned to use real time
> signals(SIGRTMIN to SIGRTMAX) for interprocess communication. On giving
> the command 'kill -l' on the terminal window of ppc linux it displayed
> only 32 signals while giving the same command on an Intel based Linux PC
> (same kernel version) showed all 64 signals.
>
> Anyone having idea whether these signals are present in powerpc Linux
> kernal v 2.4.20 ?
>
> Deepak Gaur
> -

  Last update: 2005-05-05 18:18    [W:0.023 / U:0.196 seconds]