SubjectRe: RT patch acceptance
Bill Huey (hui) wrote:
> On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 12:21:20AM +1000, Nick Piggin wrote:

>>And my questions for which I got no answer were things like
>>"why is a single kernel superior to a nanokernel for hard-RT?",
>>"what deterministic services would a hard-RT Linux need to provide?"
>

> That's an RT begineer's question. You have to at least be up to speed
> in that one to have the conversation at hand and folks have discussed
> this repeatedly. It's not our end that failing and clearly you not
> understanding this only reenforces this point..

Bill, you can belittle me to your heart's content. It really
doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Whenever you or anyone else try to complicate the Linux kernel
with hard-RT stuff, I'm going to ask exactly the same questions
because I don't think you know how a nanokernel solution would
work, or even what kind of services a hard-RT Linux would need
to provide.

  Last update: 2005-05-31 03:28    [W:1.253 / U:0.276 seconds]