SubjectRe: Adaptec AIC-79xx HostRaid
Date
>On Mon, May 30, 2005 at 06:13:03PM +0100, Clemente Aguiar wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> We have acquired some IBM xServers which have an integrated raid
controller
>> based on the Adaptec AIC-79xx U320 SCSI controller (called HostRaid).
>>
>> Is there already support for HostRaid? Are there drivers for it?
>> >From which kernel version and where do I find it in the config?
>
>HostRaid is just software RAID; you can ignore it and let Linux use the
>underlying SCSI devices via the standard aic79xx driver.
>
> Jeff

What do you mean it is just software RAID? Can you explain?
On the servers there is a configuration option to enable HostRaid, and when
I turn that option ON the mirroring between the two discs start and after a
while they are mirrored.
I think that in terms of performance it should be better to used the
"on-board" HostRaid facility.
Don't you think so?

Clemente

  Last update: 2005-05-30 19:52    [W:0.041 / U:0.560 seconds]