    >> >From which kernel version and where do I find it in the config?
    >HostRaid is just software RAID; you can ignore it and let Linux use the
    >underlying SCSI devices via the standard aic79xx driver.
    > Jeff

    What do you mean it is just software RAID? Can you explain?
    On the servers there is a configuration option to enable HostRaid, and when
    I turn that option ON the mirroring between the two discs start and after a
    while they are mirrored.
    I think that in terms of performance it should be better to used the
    "on-board" HostRaid facility.
    Don't you think so?

      Last update: 2005-05-30 19:52    [W:0.020 / U:4.608 seconds]