    SubjectRe: Mercurial 0.4b vs git patchbomb benchmark

    On Mon, 2 May 2005, Matt Mackall wrote:
    > The delta is not the object I care about and its representation is
    > arbitrary. In fact different branches will store different deltas
    > depending on how their DAGs get topologically sorted. The object I
    > care about is the original text, so that's the hash I store.

    Ok. In that case, it sounds like you're really doing everything git is
    doing, except your "blob" objects effectively can have pointers to a
    previous object (and you have a different on-disk representation)? Is
    that correct?

      Last update: 2009-11-18 23:46    [W:0.018 / U:8.992 seconds]