    SubjectRe: RT patch acceptance

    Sven-Thorsten Dietrich wrote:
    > If you are truly interested, there are a lot of papers about RT. There
    > are nanokernel implementations and patents you can review, and there is
    > a lot of controversy.

    Please drop the patent topic, it hasn't been relevant for years. If
    you search the LKML archives for the initial release of Adeos, you
    will see a thread where that specific topic is cleared up. If still
    in doubt, do read the actual relevant patent application(s?), you
    will see that no nanokernel/hyervisor out there fits the described
    method. Not to mention that hypervisors/nanokernels have been there
    for decades ... The specific patent that covers dual-kernels does
    not even attempt to claim it covers the broad world of nanokernels/

    Hope this clears this bit, and please don't drag this further. That
    particular topic has been debated more than enough, and I've said
    what I had to say about it many times already. From that point of
    view, I fully agree with you that there's no need to waste people's
    time further.

    With that said, let's go back to talking about the actual technical
    arguments :D

    Author, Speaker, Developer, Consultant
    Pushing Embedded and Real-Time Linux Systems Beyond the Limits || || 1-866-677-4546

      Last update: 2005-05-27 19:53    [W:0.020 / U:4.020 seconds]