    SubjectRe: RT patch acceptance
    From
    On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 11:05:53AM -0700, Daniel Walker wrote:
    > I think Ingo is just confident that in time things will get merged. I
    > know that there are some people who don't want/like the RT changes. I'm
    > interested to know what people's objections are. So far in this thread
    > the only objection that I've feel is valid is the added complexity the
    > RT patch would add to Linux.

    There's a process to this that has to happen before inclusion. Ingo
    outlined that earlier. This patch isn't terribly well known and really
    needs to be hammered much harder by a larger community to trigger
    breakage.

    I think there's a lot of general ignorance regarding this patch, the
    usefulness of it and this thread is partially addressing them.

    billl

      Last update: 2005-05-25 00:44    [W:0.023 / U:89.660 seconds]