    SubjectRe: When we detect that a 16550 was in fact part of a NatSemi SuperIO chip
    On Sun, 2005-05-22 at 09:59 -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
    > So for now, it looks like we either have to make sure that rmk is
    > comfortable with not editing sign-off's (working on it, but I can't
    > guarantee anything), or that you're ok with getting the email stripped,
    > _or_ you will end up having to send patches directly to me rather than to
    > rmk (and face the chaos and bumbling that is Linus).

    I think I can handle the chaos and bumbling that is Linus. In fact I
    sent this one to Andrew to give it a bit of exposure in the -mm tree
    first, but since it's a serial patch I also copied it to Russell as a
    courtesy.

    Russell has now said that he committed it by accident, and from that I
    infer that he's not going to make a habit of it. So that ought to
    suffice for now.

    The government department responsible for administering the DPA has a
    'Data Protection Help-Line' which I have asked to clarify the situation;
    it shouldn't be necessary to pay lawyers to do it. But then again, I can
    well imagine that they'll simply refer me to the Act itself rather than
    giving a coherent answer, so maybe a paid opinion would be useful.

    --
    dwmw2