    Subject[OT] Joerg Schilling flames Linux on his Blog
    Date
    As everyone knows, Joerg Schilling has a blog, and he often pushes his
    pro-Solaris agenda, and flames the LKML about how Linux breaks cdrecord
    (instead of just admitting cdrecord is broken) or how much more awesome
    Solaris is compared to Linux.

    Well, he just fired yet another salvo at the Linux community:
    http://schily.blogspot.com/2005/04/value-marketing-and-freedom.html

    I commented on his blog entry, but I am afraid of being censored as my views
    do not align with his, so I am including the text of my comment here:

    ////
    I suggest people don't read too much into what Schily says. He thinks Solaris
    is this almighty perfect operating system that crushes all others: The reason
    Solaris is failing is because more and more people are switching to other
    operating systems. And yes, Linux just happens to be the one that most are
    switching to; BSD and QNX are also other choices.

    Most of the people switching to Linux are not doing so because its GPL, not
    because its associated with other Free Software, and not because the source
    is available. They are switching simply because it is the best product out
    there at this time; and as I see it, it will continue to be the best product
    because Linux software developers are not sitting around arguing about what
    license is better, or what features other operating systems have or don't
    have.

    Linux developers code, OpenSolaris developers sit around and flame Linux
    developers instead of coding. Which operating system would _you_ choose?
    ////

    --
    Patrick "Diablo-D3" McFarland || pmcfarland@downeast.net

      Last update: 2005-05-20 19:49    [W:0.020 / U:31.784 seconds]