    SubjectRe: [RFC/PATCH 2/5] mm/fs: execute in place (V2)
    On Wed, May 18, 2005 at 04:56:42PM +0200, Carsten Otte wrote:
    > I do plainly agree that this would make the code more readable here.
    > But it has a significant downside:
    > Once you have a different set of file operations for either case, you
    > also need to have a different file_operations struct in each individual
    > filesystem using this. Also, this moves the check "do we have xip today?"
    > from here to the filesystem that needs to decide which file operations
    > struct to use.
    > Looking forward, there may be multiple filesystems using this which
    > leads to duplicating the need for this check.

    I don't think that's much of a problem. The filesystem has a new file_operations
    instance and decided at read_inode time which one to use. You already have different
    address_space operations and a different truncate anyway.

      Last update: 2005-05-18 17:38    [W:0.021 / U:33.256 seconds]