SubjectRe: [RFC/PATCH 2/5] mm/fs: execute in place (V2)
On Wed, May 18, 2005 at 04:56:42PM +0200, Carsten Otte wrote:
> I do plainly agree that this would make the code more readable here.
> But it has a significant downside:
> Once you have a different set of file operations for either case, you
> also need to have a different file_operations struct in each individual
> filesystem using this. Also, this moves the check "do we have xip today?"
> from here to the filesystem that needs to decide which file operations
> struct to use.
> Looking forward, there may be multiple filesystems using this which
> leads to duplicating the need for this check.

I don't think that's much of a problem. The filesystem has a new file_operations
instance and decided at read_inode time which one to use. You already have different
address_space operations and a different truncate anyway.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans