SubjectRe: crypto api initialized late
* Reiner Sailer (sailer@us.ibm.com) wrote:
> Chris Wright <chrisw@osdl.org> wrote on 05/16/2005 04:03:17 PM:
> > I'm surprised this helps at all. Does this mean you are not using
> > security_initcall() in your module?
>
> I use simply __initcall, which is the same level as the
> module_initcall used in the crypto functions (sha1.c). Looking into
> init.h, security_initcall should resolve to __initcall as well.

If you are compiling as a module (assuming that's not the case here),
then it's a normal module_init. Otherwise it's put in it's own text
segment, and called during security_init(), which is earlier than
do_inticalls() to ensure all objects get labeled.

> Changing the compile sequence orders, the crypto init and sha1
> registration happens just ahead of my security module because
> (so I assume) the order of the compilation determines the order
> of the init calls inside the same initcall block.

Yes, it does.

thanks,
-chris

  Last update: 2005-05-16 22:44    [W:0.075 / U:0.544 seconds]