    SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] hotplug-ng 002 release
    On Sat, May 14, 2005 at 01:21:33AM +0200, Per Svennerbrandt wrote:
    > * On Fri, 13 May 2005, Greg KH (greg@kroah.com) wrote:
    > > Ok, as you never posted your patch, I had to do it myself :)
    >
    > Oh, crap! Seems like I'm forever doomed to be sitting on my patches for
    > six months thinking they arn't good enough, only to then repeatedly
    > getting beaten by couple of hours when finally deciding on submitting
    > them then... ;) ;)
    >
    > I guess I'l just have to dedicate more time if I'm ever going to get any
    > code into the kernel.

    Or just send those patches earlier :)

    > This is pretty much identical to my patch except mine also converts PCI
    > into using add_hotplug_env_var().

    That would be nice to do, but it would have been doing 2 things in one
    patch, not good.

    > > +static ssize_t show_modalias(struct device *dev, char *buf)
    > > +{
    > > + struct usb_interface *intf;
    > > + struct usb_device *udev;
    > > +
    > > + intf = to_usb_interface(dev);
    > > + udev = interface_to_usbdev(intf);
    > > + if (udev->descriptor.bDeviceClass == 0) {
    > > + struct usb_host_interface *alt = intf->cur_altsetting;
    > > +
    > > + return sprintf(buf, "usb:v%04Xp%04Xd%04Xdc%02Xdsc%02Xdp%02Xic%02Xisc%02Xip%02X\n",
    > > + le16_to_cpu(udev->descriptor.idVendor),
    > > + le16_to_cpu(udev->descriptor.idProduct),
    > > + le16_to_cpu(udev->descriptor.bcdDevice),
    > > + udev->descriptor.bDeviceClass,
    > > + udev->descriptor.bDeviceSubClass,
    > > + udev->descriptor.bDeviceProtocol,
    > > + alt->desc.bInterfaceClass,
    > > + alt->desc.bInterfaceSubClass,
    > > + alt->desc.bInterfaceProtocol);
    >
    > Are you sure this is correct?

    Works for me :)

    > I had problems with alt (intf->cur_altsetting) beeing null and actually
    > ended up ignoring the interface bits altogether. I'm bretty sure the
    > above will crash repeatedly on at least some of my machines.

    Please let me know if it does. Did you put the modalias on the
    usb_device or the interface? It belongs on the interface, as this patch
    does.

    cur_altsetting could be NULL pretty early in the initialization phase of
    a USB device, but by the time these files are created, it should be fine
    (otherwise this same check in the hotplug call would also fail, right?)

    > So now that I'm not able to submit it toghether with a mixture of other,
    > at least slightly, related things that I actually *do believe* have a
    > small possibility of beeing accepted: How do I get my request_modalias
    > patch in? ;) ;)

    Send them on, let's see what you have, and we can take it from there.

    thanks,

    greg k-h

      Last update: 2005-05-14 08:03    [W:0.049 / U:0.128 seconds]